Wednesday, February 16, 2011

And so it begins


My grandfather, who was awesome in my young eyes, knew how to fix any vehicle.  Growing up I  knew serveral guys that knew about cars and it always seemed so cool - and amazing.  They could diagnose a car problem like a surgon in the operating room.  I, on the other hand, knew how to change tires and the oil.  Pretty low on the awesomeness scale. 
In high school I bought a 63 F-85 Cutless in mint condition off a little old lady who (literaly) only drove it to the grocery.  It looked like it came straight out of this commercial.  One little rust spot on the door.  Otherwise it was pristine origional.
  From then on I was hooked, even though I didn't know as much as I'd like.  The car was almost in too good of shape.  I wrenched a little on it - but tentaively with fear and ignorance.

  Ever wonder what exactly happens if you replace spark plugs without setting the gap on the new plugs?  It's not pretty.  And pretty embarrasing for a teenager, expecially if your girlfiend's ex know what you did wrong.
Had to sell that car to pay for school, and missed it ever since.

This blog is my journey to have a cool car again - but to know everything about it.  And maybe finally become one of "those guys" who can tell whats wrong with a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment